Is living with and managing sarcoidosis without steroids feasible

Posted , 3 users are following.

Only treatment I've been offered.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Rachel

I sense your frustration when you know in your heart its Sarcoid based and the 'professionals' say it isnt. Im not a medic and not sure what your sinus problems are. However, go back to basics. Dairy products exaccerbate phlegm, so cutting back and cutting out on milk, cheese will help.I said before I had been on steroids for 2 years and I took my last one just over a month ago. Ive struggled to say they least. Cough more, lose my breath more, worn out more, if thats possible but sheer determination has kept me off them. Ive got a cold at the moment, first in my nose and now going to my chest. Im not preaching to you at all, quite the opposite, but is there an environmental issue that may be making things worse? I think of all the things they ask me when I was an inpatient and also in clinic. Change in circumstance, or something you do or enjoy eating that could become a reaction? Im a great lover of cheese but I know when I eat it my nose is blocked. Still eat it though! but not like I did.If you can rule out things you do or comsume and keep a note of them, next time you go you can be proactive and this may help them listen better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.