Is taking 2 covid vaccines safe? (4 doses total)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am a 55 year old male, and I received both doses of the Sinopharm vaccine. My job requires travel, but my home country does not "recognize" Sinopharm, and will not permit me to re-enter unless I take a vaccine from their approved list (Pfizer). The time frame would be:

12 Dec 2020 - 1st Sinopharm dose (taken- no side effects)

mid Jan 2021 - 2nd Sinopharm dose (taken- no side effects)

24 Apr 2021 - 1st Pfizer dose (yet to be taken)

15 May 2021 - 2nd Pfizer dose (yet to be taken)

Would there be any obvious issues/risks with going forward with this plan? (I have heard there would be increased risk of blood clotting)

Would waiting 6 months between my 2nd Sinopharm and 1st Pfizer dose mitigate side-effects?

Thank you.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I wouldn’t do that unless I consulted with more than one doctor. There is still the unknown factor with these vaccines and to double them could be risky. Especially since they are different vaccines. Consult an infectious disease doctor for at least one of them.ask that question in others you may have. Better safe than sorry.

• Posted

its over kill since both vaccines do basically the same thing. I wouldn't advise it. It could cancel the effects of either vaccine working. Its not been tested for that so no one knows what can happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.