Is this an ok way to wean off lansoprazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been trying to wean off my 30 mg lansoprazole capsules for the past 2 weeks. I have only taken 3 capsules in 3 weeks. Where as before I was taking a capsule everyday. I have just been taking a capsule when the heartburn has got too much to handle. I have been lasting about 5 days to a week before needing to take a capsule. Is this an ok way to wean off the lansoprazole? and should the heartburn start getting less and less? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, that doesn't work for me. If I miss a dose I can tell - I burp - then, later I get acid reflux or killing chest pain for 45 minutes.

I take HALF a 30mg does ( it's less expensive that way ). I may be able to take less, but I need it every day.

• Posted

Same goes for me, I must take it daily otherwise problems arise. how long have you been on them? Any Sides?
    • Posted

I was on omeprazole for 3 years and then was switched to lansoprazole for 5 years. The lansoprazole works great for the heartburn. I forget heartburn even exists if I take a lansoprazole everyday. But I also suffer from a lot of anxiety where I get blurred vision and brain fog. I was concerned it may be side effects of the lansoprazole that was causing these symptoms. Although I don't know for certain if it is the lansoprazole that is causing it. But I thought I would try to wean off the lansoprazole to see how I feel.

• Posted

Wig you can manage yo gk tagged long without taking one that's the way to ho I have to take them every day

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.