Joint and Muscle Pain and Vitamins

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I've had over all pain in my joints and muscles for about the last 5 years. Each year it has become more painful and extreme, feeling like my clothes touching my body felt like pins and needles. I am 63 years now. I have always taken vitamin supplements; Vit A, Vit D, Ester C, multi-vitamin, etc. thru the years(35 years) but decided to eliminate as much as I could, including some foods, vitamins and alcohol. I started with and stopped all vitamins supplements and it eased the pain very much. Still lots of hurt there but it became a low-dull pain in my joints and muscles becoming much more manageable. Not much difference in eliminating foods or occasional alcohol. After several months, I tested again briefly with some vitamins and the high pain came back, feeling like lite pin pricks! For 1.5 years now, no vitamin supplements taken and can keep the existing pain at bay with over-the-counter Aleve. I recently purchased Tumeric Tamaflex capsules, from good word, to take and the high-pain came back the next day!, more lite pin-prick feelings all over.

My question, have others found that vitamin supplements worsen your joint and muscle pain or contribute to the pain? I still have the over-all pain through out my body but the vitamins and others seem to aggravate the pain to higher levels. Just thought that was odd that good vitamins would do this and wondering why? Is this common with others? Thoughts? Thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry I did not read all that. Just that I know doctor are nearly brainwashed about pain meds.

Sure, I believe all the addictions, deaths, tradgedies and millianaire stories. But MDs have swung too far the other way

the Pendulum you know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.