Just restarted taking omeprazole

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just started takeing omeprazole for excess acid and i have these sharp pains stabbing in my throat does anyone else have the same problem.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi No we haven't had any side affects that you describe.

I suffer from Barrett's esophagus which was caused by years of suffering from indigestion and doing nothing about it even though i was forever poping rennies but I didn't go to the doctor about it until it was too late and now i have this damaged inside me which i have been told could eventually go cancerious at any time.

Myself and partner both suffer from indigestion and have both been prescribed Omezaprozole. I take 20mg every day and my partner takes 20Mg twice a day along with Gaviscon which works for him as well.

We both previously suffered from bad indigestion but since taking Omeprazole we very rarely suffer from it now and only occationaly when we slip up when we are bad .

Its a process of ellimination as we have cut out most fatty fooods and eat smaller amounts at more regular times.

We do still have occations where we eat fatty foods and sometimes we get away with it with very little suffering.

We have also lost weight and also try and eat healthy which works for us. We were advised by a consultant at the hospital to try and not eat anything after 9 oclock at night and to prop up our bed at the top end with books.

We have tried everything as well as loosing weight, not getting stressed and taking plenty of excercise which has all helped.

It's a process of ellimination and only you will know what works for you when you give it a try but don't let your suffering go on as it could result in unreparable damage like I have as i didn't think anything about it when i used to pop rennies by the packet.

Best to give them a good try and see if they stop your indigestion as they are a very good drug and are relitavely safe. You getting hot might not be anything to do with taking these tablets as it might just be that your concious of the fact that you have taken your first one. If you experince any other said effects get back in touch with you doctor and talk to him about it but give them a good try and see how you get on.

• Posted

hi I had that too. After hearing all the experiences of other people around me I got the feeling that this was a textbook prescription all doctors do. I stopped 3 weeks ago and along with my new diet which I have been doing for about a year as well as smaller meals and changing eating times, I am feeling a lot better. Not fully good but not lazing all day and just going to work. My advice is do some research before you take these on a regular basis as your body will depend on them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.