Just went to the doctor: normal pressure, but I have headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm 19 yrs old and I just had my eyes checked and the pressure was fine, and has actually gone down now that i've lost about 20 pounds. but now im getting a bad headache that i can tell changes when sitting versus standing (standing is better). Is it normal to get headaches like this but still have normal pressure? I know that pressure caries daily, but I just get so nervous with this stuff and I don't know where else to ask.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Sydnney, I'm 22 and was diagnosed in June 2015 by lumbar puncture. It was found during an eye exam. As far as I'm aware, the only way they can tell the pressure is doing a lumbar puncture. The only reason I know this is because I'm in a little predicament now where my GP wants another lumbar puncture but my neurologist is resistant and I'm stuck inbetween! My eye exam looks normal - although my prescription isn't stable - all the optic nerve swelling has reduced since the first LP and the retina looks fine, however the headaches are still there. I'm not a professional though! Still as lost as I was 14 months ago but I hope this helps smile

• Posted

I'm pretty much in the same place as you! My neurologist wants me to get my pressure checked, but my eye doctor says everything is looking awesome and he feels that I don't need one. For me my headaches are random, I can be okay for a month but then suddenly for a couple of days I get this mild annoying headache, and then it's gone. I've been reading a bunch on your menstrual cycle and CSF and how it can change. I've also seen plenty of forums of women saying the same. It's so annoying because I go so long thinking I'm fine and as soon as I get a slight headache I'm terrified!

• Posted

Go with the neurologist. You should experience symptoms without having headaches sometimes. If your eyes are improving then your medication is working. Migraine from this condition is probably linked to pressure on the optic nerve or some other nerves in your neck or spine. Im no doctor but thats what Ive read.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.