Klinefelter's Syndrome - not sure if i have?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm quite worried that i have klinefelters syndrome, i haven't been tested and i really wanted to get your opinion.

Things i have in common with people with klinefelters:

- The feeling of being feminine at times, even though im straight i sometimes think sexually from a female perspective.

- I'm quite tall (6ft2) with long arms (above average length) and fairly long legs (slightly above average)

- I have quite a thin bone structure with narrow shoulders for my height, my hips aren't really wide but i am "skinny fat" so most of my fat distrubition is around my love handles

Things i don't have in common with klinefelters:

-I have ALOT of chest and body hair, pubic hair too.

- i have pretty good beard, it's not "hipster" level but i do have one.

- My testicles are on the lower end of average, measuring in at about 12-14ml in volume or 3.8-4cm in length and 2.5-2.7cm in width and breadth

- My penis is slightly above average in length at 6.2 inches

- I also had extremely bad acne during my teenage years up until i was around 22, which would've remained but i took medication. I've read some studies that said acne is extremely uncommon with Klinfelters

Would you think i'd have klinefelters? or would my height/thin bone structure be down to genetics from my family (but a bit worse)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Although you might have Klinefelters Syndrome, you have to be tested, a karotype to test if you have the xxy chromosome pattern. Which is a blood test.

I was diagnosed at age 29. I am 5 feet 4 and 1 half inches tall or about 165 cm tall.

I had sparse hair on my face, none on my body, until I got testosterone injections.

No muscle tone as a teenager. Could not do push. ups on a overhead bar. Very weak with all sports related games.

Acne until age 30.

Penis size is 4 inches, but I have heard other xxy's have larger ones than mine. Have you gotten information on this website from xxyGuy. He can be very helpful.

My testicles were never measured

but the are the size of hazel nuts.

Recent discovery. is a slight termor in hands, Some xxy's have an teeth enamel problem.

Some xxy's have reported a intuition like females have.

At times, I believe I should have been a female but would never consider an operation to change my sex. But at other times, I feel I was a born a male so why change, now.

I was diagnosed at age 29, and now I am 66. In June 2017, went to a xxy convention in Aurora Colorado and met a few othere xxys. One individual from the convention, set up youtube, but this website didn't allow it to be linked here.

There are several youtube videos about xxy's or Klinefelters Syndrome, if you look for them.

I.live in Denver, Colorado, but I don't mind telling people about my experiences being a 47xxy male.

Every xxy male is different from myself. I have over 20 different medical disorders, while others have little or more than I have.

As I indicated, I am not tall which may be the reason why I was not diagnosed at an early age. Most xxy's at the convention were Anglo, one was black, and I was the only Hispanic one. According to all the websites, 1 in 500 births are xxy's but they are unaware they have a chromosome disorder because most of us are sterile.

Without hormone replacement therapy with testosterone injections my testosterone level is 34. So I have been getting testosterone since I was 29, once I get it, my testosterone level is over 300. Recently I was diagnosed with osteopenia, but all dialysis patients get osteopenia.

I am also a bka, below the knee amputee on my left leg and have a partial right foot.

None if the xxy's at the convention were amputees, I was the only one.

There are other disorders that are like Klinefelters Syndrome like Kallmann's and DES sons (DES was a drug given to mothers to prevent miscarriages ). There are DES girls and DES sons that were born with similar traits with Klinefelters Syndrome.

I am not a doctor, so you must be tested to be sure you are a xxy male, with 47 chromosomes. Others males.may be xxy , xyy, xxyy, All need hormone replacement therapy.

Good luck in your quest

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply John and thank you for sharing your story, i haven't had a karyotype test done as i went to the doctors and he felt my testicles and said "they're normal sized", i did however get a sperm test done and i was told my sperm is fine and not abnormal. 

The only things physically i have in common now with klinefelters is narrow shoulders/wide hips/tall stature/long skinny arms and legs/tendancy to put on fat in more feminine areas such as hips and chest.

• Posted

Your overthinking this way too much. Small differences between you and the average man does not mean you have the syndrome.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.