Lansoprazole - chest muscle ache/pain

Posted , 27 users are following.

Hi,

I have been taking lansoprazole for about a week now as I was suffering from bad Heartburn/Indegestion and have noticed that my pectoral muscles are aching/painful.

I do work out from time to time but have done for quite a while and have never had this before due to my exercise and I haven't changed my exercise routine at all.

Has anyone else had this problem when taking these tablets or do they know whether this is a known side affect??

Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciatted,

Thankyou!

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi there are alternatives such as  omeprazole and ranitidine that will treat heartburn, acid reflux. Hope this helps
  • Posted

Hi, I know this is a very, very late reply but i have also been suffering with side effects from this dreadful drug. I have stomach pains, bouts of dizziness and the back pains some of you are suffering with. I had heartburn twice in a month and the doctor prescribed these evil tablets for me without even telling me that I was having heartburn flare-ups. I went to the hospital with chest pains, got the all clear after an ecg, blood tests and x-rays showed everything was fine, and then went to the doctor's who told me to take this revolting drug. I'm fuming that I was prescribed this after only having 2 heartburn attacks in a month. I'm trying to come off them now after just starting my 3rd month's course. I just hope I don't get rebound heartburn.,,

• Posted

I have taken lansoprazole for 2 months but haven't experienced any side effects.

only lost weight for no apparent reason..

but anyway I found out that "early death" is one of the proven lansoprazole side effects....

now im thinking why did I take them without researching side effects

• Posted

the same thing happened to me today this is my 2nd day taking this tablet and first i had chest pain and my left arm was hurting and now from that it went all the way to my back and now i have dull pains in my back i honestly don't know what to do lol.

• Posted

hi ive been taking them to and ive had a rash and muscle aches and tinges in my my legs side

• Posted

is it normal to get tingles and aches in the muscles

ans dizzines of them tablets

• Posted

Hi, I am currently trying to come off these tablets, I was put on them a year and a half ago for acid reflux only to discover a few months ago after an endoscope I don't have acid reflux, I have had episodes of severe dizziness and kept being told it cant be the lansoprazole however, I stopped taking them altogether yesterday and didn't feel dizzy at all. I really believe its these tablets causing the dizziness, I know the first couple of weeks either tapering down a dose or stopping completely is hard but I would much rather have a hard few weeks than that dizzy feeling, hope you feel better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.