Lansoprazole stomach pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just found this forum and am hoping for advice. I had my gallbladder removed 7 months ago and all appeared to be fine; no problems for the first few months. Then about 6 weeks ago I started getting a pulling tight pain on the upper right side. I was put on avorstatin about 3 months ago for high cholesterol and when I went to the GP with this pain she prescribed lansoprazole. I had been taking it for about 2 weeks and she then doubled the dose. I now have a pain in the upper centre stomach. It makes me feel full and nauseous. Not sure what is causing any of this. I had a ct scan at the end of March and all was fine. I'm worried something has been missed. Could the tablets be causing all of this?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

did your pain resolve? i am getting intermittent excruciating pains in my stomach( left side) and i suspect te PPI is causing it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.