Lansopresole

Posted , 5 users are following.

Day 50 tomorrow, of stopping Lansopresole. The stupid doctor said to just stop taking them, after almost two years of 30mg. The pain and acid has been really bad. I've tried many different things to stop it. I've chatted to my chemist, yesterday, and she couldn't understand why I wasn't given a lower dose first. Today, I bought some Milk Of Magnesia, and guess what, it worked. For the first time in about 6-7 weeks, of stomach problems, I have a happy tummy. Please try this, if you are suffering. I've spent a lot of money on different antacids, but this cheap product has given me a comfortable evening.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Isn't Milk of Magnesia a laxative? I am glad you are getting relief but I would be concerned about the long term use (if that is indeed your intention). Good luck.

• Posted

I'm at the stage of taking almost anything to help to stop the acid and pain. it's been constant for many weeks. It's stopped me eating, drinking, sleeping and generally doing anything. I won't be taking it for long, and not more than needed. I've had my first night of not getting up to take an antacid. I've tried many other things and nothing has worked. I appreciate your thoughts though.

• Posted

OK. Please be aware that some MOMs contain peppermint oil which can actually cause heartburn. Good luck.

• Posted

glad its helping you but I agree this is not a long term solution I am reducing the dose very gradually to avoid rebound and its working so far but I am also careful with my diet eg I discovered milk set it off so I now use alternatives

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.