Lanzaprazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a heart attack just over a year and am on daily aspirin. I Also take Lanzaprazole to guard my stomach . I'm just wondering if I could stop this as long as u take the aspirin on a full stomach. I'm trying to gradually reduce the number of prescription drugs I take. Please advise x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You could try cider vinegar Kath, slippery elm and mastic gum. PPI’s are nasty and only designed to be used for a short while, I’m trying to get off them myself. 
  • Posted

I'm not a doctor but I am also trying to get off prescription drugs - if I were you I would GRADUALLY come off the Lansoprazole and take the asprin on a full stomach and see how it goes. You have to gradually come off the Lansoprazole because if you come straight off them you get a rebound effect, where your body makes even more acid.

• Posted

Hi Kath You might suffer withdrawal symptoms such as fever. Pains in ur joints kidney pains You must rmbr they are symptoms not an actual problem Stomach Acid is caused by diet Change it.... It acid starts to occur Eat a Quality crunchy Apple. An apple a day keeps the Dr away.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.