Lanzaprosole and ranatadine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Been taking 30mg lanzaprosol in a morning and 30mg ranitadine at night time. I've now started getting terrible stomach pain. Anyone else been taking same combination?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

Following a bout of severe gastroenteritis and now ongoing gastritis/reflux, I have been put on a trial of 15mg Lansoprazole - plus I sometimes take Ranitidine at night.

After just 2 weeks I started getting sore around the upper ribs during the day - like you get after coughing a lot. By the evening it morphs into stomach pain all round the top of the midriff - which has me bent double when I walk. Last night the right calf started aching and I also developed an itchy inflamed area on my right forearm.

From what I have read these can all be side effects of Lansoprazole. Yet 15mg is a conservative dose! I am due to see the GP tomorrow anyway but in the meantime have taken myself off it.

Just to add that initially I was just on OTC Ranitidine and never had a problem with that alone but it isn't as strong a drug.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.