Lanzoprazole stomach pain

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi there,

I started taking Lanzoprazole 2 weeks ago due to having some excess acid, and having had problems with skin itching on Omeprazole.

The past 11 days have been hell with a loss of appetite, dropping weight, and more worryingly a chronic and terrible burning pain above my belly button and into my back. Also horrendous anxiety.

I've been to my gp and accident and emergency and god knows what as I couldn't sleep for more than an hour each night over the last 8 days.

As a desperation tactic I tried stopping them 2 days ago... Today. No pain.. Has anyone else experienced similar

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi peter, im on lanzaprozole a number of years now and my side affects include joint pain for which i wear tight strapping when necessary. im taking them so long that i will have bad acid problems if i give them up. i have heard that they sometimes cause more problems than not.

• Posted

waffenamp is correct. PPIs are mostly ok in the short term but are known to be bad long term when it comes to side effects. A better medication all around is a H2 receptor antagonist of which there are many brands,. Side effects of H2s are much more tolerable. In my case, I took Nizatidine and had no side effects.

• Posted

Hi after severe acid reflux for over a year i gave in to gp and chose to take lansoprazole. It work but did find it caused severe constipation and after a few weeks some symptoms came back. I do suspect it caused me some joint pain and occasionaly had burning pain in stomach which went through to back but i had that before taking it so not sure.

• Posted

I have just come across this forum and I an thankful as I need advice. I saw my doctor around 2 months ago for bad daily heartburn, they put me on Lanzoprazole for a course of a month and it worked perfectly no issues. After the course ended I left it and within 4 days the heartburn was back. Another Dr trip and another course started. Now the issue... after a few weeks again taking the tablets, i missed a couple of days and then 5 days ago started taking them again... now for 3 days ive had really bad stomach pain around my belly button..what should i do? could the tablets be causing this? pls help cant contact my doctor as its the weekend. Thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.