Last dose of lansoprazole

Posted , 3 users are following.

Finally off lansoprazole! It's taken a whole year of gradually reducing the dose down to just a few granules to the last step of stopping altogether. So pleased

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Sue can I ask what side effects you had.  I would like to stop taking this ppi as I think some of the problems I have are attributed to the drug.  I have been taking Lansoprazole for over two years
  • Posted

Well done you! PPIs are handed out all too easily and have some nasty side effects. When I was prescribed Lansoprazole, I read the leaflet and the bit about permanent hair loss and I just thought no thank you! I had what they thought was mild duodenitis following a gastroscopy but it turned out I had Pancreatic Cancer so the drug was never going to help my problem. All the symptoms to do with gastro problems should be investigated in more detail instead of this ‘one size fits all’ mentality of doling out PPIs. I appreciate that too much acid is a problem but malabsorption of essential minerals such as calcium is worse. I am so glad you’ve weaned yourself off it x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.