Left Handed XXY's - do they exist?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've never met a left handed XXY male (or female)   and I was wondering if they existed?  Is there a relationship between handedness and sex chromosome aneuploidy?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I don't know. I am right handed.

• Posted

It seems this has something to do witrh righ/left brain dominance, and it is a study point for XXY boys.  biggrin

• Posted

biggrin - just to add confusion to this argument then - I am XXY and ambidextrous.

• Posted

There's only one thing I can do equally well with both my right and left hand. I don't think that makes me ambidextrous.    cheesygrin

• Posted

My son left handed same as me but he got diagnosed with klinefelters in his mother's womb son is 21months old now did any of you guys have speech problems at this age as my son literally has 5 words and he does not call me DAD he calls me mam. His mam no longer speaks to me so she is not bothered with my concern that his speech should be getting better not worse 

• Posted

Language acquisition and speech difficulty is associated with XXY and XXX

take your son to a speech therapist for treatment.

• Posted

Also, go to AXYS Official on YouTube and search their videos for

Speech & language information.

• Posted

Thank you everyone feels like I fighting a losing battle especially with my sons mother she just does not care about my sons situation at the moment she just will not accept anything I have to say so I doing all this on my own for my boy
    • Posted

My cousin had 3 sons, one of them at 5 couldn't say his own name, he was Simon.  He couldn't say the 's' sound.  No idea why and he has two children now, so I'm reasonably certain he's not XXY.  biggrin He's also a qualified electrician, so having speech problems early is not a severe, insurmountable problem.

Anyway, there's no need to panic, not yet anyway, there's plenty of time to convince your ex of whatever problems you see.  

• Posted

That's just it I am panicking yesterday he got so frustrated with himself you could see he was trying to copy the words I was saying and everything I learn him goes out the window once he with his mother like last week we was saying 123 go and this week he was pointing and waiting for me to say 123 go which I did several times but he wouldn't /couldn't do it. He still calling me mam after 8months of mam being first word. His mother refuses to even acknowledge there could be a problem with his speech which makes it worse

• Posted

Neither have i, i havent met a left handed, or right handed people with gene issues. I do not think its so common. Whatever the case it can change with age and being determined.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.