left lower back pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I been gettting back pain for a while now ,sometimes when i stand up i get this large amout of pain and have to sit back down but today and yeserday i got back pain ,it comes and goes.. should i go to the doctor

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yes a referral to a physio or an osteopath would probably be helpful
  • Posted

Yes, now asap your body is telling that something is wrong. Do not mess with your well being. You could end a disabled and unhappy person. You have one body, you have an opportunity to keep yourself in good health before things get out of hand. You would not have reached out via this web site unless you were aware that your body is in trouble! Get going and fight for your well being. My best wishes are with you and for some reason I feel like I have to say you need to find the adult in you. Come on get going and get real! Good luck and I am sending a hug your way. 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀💐

• Posted

Well pain is your body's way of telling you that something is wrong so it's time you pay attention. Go see your doctor.

• Posted

Hi i called my dcotor today but he is not avaible next week and their said go to ugrent care but can their preseribe medation for pain as neededĀ 

ThanksĀ 

• Posted

In today's world they are not likely to give you opiates if that's what you're looking for. They may prescribe something non-narcotic for you. But you would be just as well using something like ibuprofen 800 milligram which you can get over the counter. I know no doctor is going to automatically prescribe you opiates for pain on the first apt. In today's environment the idea is to try every thing 1st before going the opiate route. And if opiates are determined as the only option or the last resort then they would usually refer you to a pain management doctor. But with that you're looking at a year away probably. In the meantime you'll probably be given things like Lyrica for example which is a Gabapentin, or other types of non opiate pain killers.

• Posted

Well I really don't know I'll never taken it. I assume it works right away. It sounds like your real anxious to take something for the pain. You might very well be a good candidate for an epidural injection. A special doctor does those. They have mixed results. I got one that took all my pain away for nine months. But since then I get different percentages of pain relief. I've been in pain for 12 years. I really hope you get relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.