Left Side Pain below ribs

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi.. i've been having pain just to the side and below my bottom left 2 ribs ( almost like a runners stitch).  It started about 3 weeks ago and I thought I had a rib out.  Went to chiro and they sent me to a medical clinic as ribs were fine but pain seemed to be coming from under and chiro doc thought it was my spleen.  The MD said he couldn't feel an enlarged spleen but I was very sensitive to touch, to bending to left and to stretching. He said I also have enlarged lymph nodes in my neck area. No sore throat or coughing. He ran a blood test for mono which was negative. I am so tired, which is not normal for me, and seem to be either freezing cold or boiling hot at night. Also not normal.  Since then the pain has remained, to where its pretty much constant. I feel it when sitting, driving, laying down (hurts to lay on left side) and to touch the rib and just under it very painful. I'm overall very healthy,slim,  take synthroid daily (20+ years) and am usually "regular".  The past two days the pain is getting worse, and I've had bouts of shall we say "loose" movements. I am a very small eater normally and so have not really noticed much as far as losing my appetite, nor a difference if I'm full or not.  

Open to thoughts or suggestions? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have no answer for you however I have emailed a woman by the name of EileenH that is often very helpful and I've asked her to stop by and see if she has any suggestions. So lets see what she has to say.

• Posted

What you describe COULD be signs of an autoimmune disorder - the fatigue, the temperature problems.

I really think you need to see your PCP and ask for an urgent (emergency) referral to a rheumatologist as a start. It is all very vague - but there is obviously something not right adn you need some investigations done.

• Posted

Thank you Eileen! There is a lot of auto immune issues in my family - from thyroid to crohns and gluten intolerance and fibro! I am seeing my gp tomorrow but honestly, she dismisses many things she shouldn't. I will press for referrals though!

• Posted

Be insistent - have you someone who you could take with you? It shouldn't make a difference but it does. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.