Leg Pain and zaps

Posted , 3 users are following.

About three years ago started having strong pain in my left thigh.  Even during intercourse during climax, got sharp pain (odd and hard to Google on line). I still think this is a symptom no one is taking serious.   It then migrated to my right thigh about year later. Now it is in both left/right calve and front part of the lower leg.  Has an intense zapping pain in the claves.  Pain is becoming more constant almost 90% of the time. I am starting to get weird arm sensation which is similar to how the leg pain started, which is making me nervous.  I had an MRI three years ago and just had mild wear and tear. I currently had an ENG done and it was negative. All my blood work is perfect beside some mildly low D levels.  Doctor said I am a black box and is beyond his pay grade so going to neurologist. He said he would kill for my test results and I am healthier then he is.  They are the ones that did the EMG, including one three years ago. I went down this path three years ago and they told me I am exaggerating or stress.  I do see pain doctor for back and neck pain and he increased my meds until neurologist can figure something out.  Pain Meds, Muscle Relaxer and Lyrica three times a day and it’s not really touching the pain.  They gave me ambian to knock me out as the pain is way worst at night.  SO was wondering if anyone had any suggestion, ideas or experiences anything similar? Want to have game plan this time around before my next round of beat downs.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

First I want to say what a big jerk your doctor was that said what he did about being as healthy as you are. Nothing like having an unsympathetic Dr. He should have decided to run a miniature golf course instead of being a doctor.

Now that I got that off my chest I'm assuming your MRI and EMG was done on your lower back and that everything since then has been concentrating on treating your lower back. Has anybody considered that this could be related to your heart? The only reason I bring that up is because you said that it comes up when you exert yourself. Now I understand that's not the only time that it hurts and that you have pain constantly but you did say that you have more pain or that it started with pain when you were having intercourse am I right? So since that's the case I don't know why anybody hasn't considered looking at your heart.

Whatever it might be I hope you get relief soon. I've been living with chronic pain for 13 years and it is not fun. And like you I live on pain pills and would do anything to get off of them as I'm sure you would too. Fortunately I don't have the arm and leg pain you do just the lower back pain.

Which is interesting you never mentioned that you had any back pain just arm and leg pain. So do you have back pain at all?

Keep me posted I'd like to know how things go.

• Posted

Thanks for the relpy, i did have a EKG resently and that was fine. The pain start before noticing the intercoarse pain, had a little gap in this stage of life.

Yes, i have chronic neck and back pain and reason i was on meds to begin with. I have had injections in my back and neck. was in a car accident in 1997, many many trips to chiro and therapy.

This pain is very differnet then the neck and back pain. It fells like a tearing, stabbing and almost like electrical pain.  THe EMG set the pain off to an incredible level.  Its a good thing the EMG was negative but frustrating at the same time.  I dont like this pain, it scary.

Have had some dizzyiness, but not sure if its a new sympotm or minor panic attacks from the pain.

• Posted

I wish I had an answer for you. What your experiencing sounds terrible. But for the life of me I can't think of what it could be or what other test could be run. I hope someone else will come along with some suggestions.

• Posted

Hi warsteiner2009

Ask you health provider to carry out an ESR blood test along with a CRP blood test and ANA blood test..if these three tests results show high levels then you have got inflammation in your body which is causing your pain in your neck, back, leg and arm pain...

These tests are:-

Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate blood test

C-Reactive Protein blood test

Anti-Nuclear Antibody blood test

Keep us posted...best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.