Leg Pain While Standing Still

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been experiencing leg pain while standing still since three years now and over the last three months the pain has increased and while sitting also i have itching and pain kind of sensations.

The pain is probably on back of my legs radiating from foot to calf and thigh and even when i try to do some stretching hamstring exercise it pains. I have been to various doctors have done all required test such as MRI Spine, Colour Dopplar, EMG, NCV, Vitamins B12, D3 all seems to be fine. Also i have completed all vitamin course but still no effect. I have tried maxgalin, gabapatine and currently on amitriptyline but so such positive outcome.

Can anybody please help me for this, my social and professional is completely disturbed by this.

Thank You.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to hear about your pain. I have a similar condition and have completed similar tests. I am known

to have peripheral neuropathy and I am on Pregabalin and Zamadol for the pain. I have developed

excruciating leg pain through my feet, ankles, calves and thighs while standing usually at the middle to the

end of the day. After a visit to the neurologist it has been suggested that I may have nerve inflammation. I am like Rishi, desperate for some relief and a diagnosis.

• Posted

Hi Viatro,

Even I am sorry to hear about your condotion.

As you have mentioned about the medication you are taking, do you have some relief from that.

Have you done any other treatment for the pain.

Wishing you healthy new year ahead.

Rishi

• Posted

Hi Rishi,

my GP put me on Oramorph 10mg/5ml oral solution, which is great for the pain but it gave me constipation and made me fall asleep all the time which was embarrassing at times. The Pregabalin / Zamadol medication seems the best for me.

And a happy and healthy New Year to you as well.

Eddie

• Posted

Hi Eddie,

Can we have chat for some time to better understand, and may possible to help each other.

If you are ok, then gmail or skype is fine with you.

Thank you..

Rishi

• Posted

Hi Rishi,

Do see a GP before you take any further medication. From what you had originally written, your pain could be due to bad overall body posture whilst standing for long periods of time. Had sciatica been discussed with you?

Standing for long periods of time do not stretch the hamstrings, they are often overly tight and specific stretching exercises are needed to keep them healthy and extended. This may be the reason for your pain.

Discuss with your GP if a referral to a physio would be suitable for your situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.