Lingering symptoms after 3 weeks - stomach pains/nausea

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had a postive test over 3 weeks ago, symptoms started with a cough, aches and pains the loss of taste and smell came on about day 5/6 , also had a feeling of nausea constantly

im 3 weeks on now and just not feeling better at all . The nausea is still there, along with abdominal pains now, and dizziness. Also had a sore chest/tightness, in which the doctor sent me the hospital, they done an ecg, chest xray, and bloods . All came back clear!

Has anyone else suffered with stomach pains, or nausea after having covid? Its really getting me down now as I just feel so unwell everyday !

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Edited

I was tested positive on the 31st My symptoms were overwhelming waves of nausea and I felt so ill at times I wondered if I wanted to live. I still have occasional nausea and pains in my stomach and am frightened to eat sometimes. Everyone says it will go away eventuallly and that it is only time. I would be interested to know how you are going on. another thing that Covid brings is skin problems and I am having these in spades. trying to keep positive.

• Posted

Im same

although what type of skin problems are you having?

• Posted

Im much the same the nausea is the worst at the minute, the pains in stomach have only started a couple of days ago, feeling shaky at times, just feel like theres no end to it at all!

• Edited

Hi Linda, yes I am also still getting stomach cramps/pains with mild nausea which come and go. Also get other symptoms of mild fatigue, muscle cramps and pains.

Are you still experiencing your symptoms?

• Edited

hi Charles, yes im coming up to 4 weeks now, the nausea as been constant the whole way through, stomach pains have only just started and the chest soreness in the last few days ..also getting a tingling sensation in my head that last a few seconds, again not sure if any of this is related, all i know is, its getting me down now!

• Posted

Hi Linda, yes I empathise with you, its awful. My symptoms are similar to yours. For some reason mine are worse at night. Sleep is very poor and anxiety levels from worrying dont help. Do you take vitamin D supplements at all? Just curious as I have heard Vit. D3 may help prevent symptoms getting worse. NHS defines long covid after the symptoms last for longer than 12 weeks after symptoms first started.

• Posted

No charles I have not been taking any vitamin D, I shall try that. I also dont really have a problem sleeping either. My main issue is a sore chest, some days are worse than others. im into week four now , and really hoping it will get better soon, couldnt stand feeling like this for 12 weeks or longer!!

• Posted

Sorry to hear youre suffering still Linda, lets hope we get a break from this soon and recover well. I find its always difficult to think positively when I have bad symptoms. Regarding the Vitamin D, if you have access to youtube, the title of the video is : Mr David Davis MP and Vitamin D. He talks with Dr. John Campbell , so worth a watch. Its a bit boring to start with but once five minutes in, we get more interesting information about Vitamin D. It helped my somewhat about how high to dose with Vitamin D.

• Edited

Thanks Charles will take a look. hope you start feeling better soon too

• Edited

Hi Linda, yes I can certainly empathise with you there. Some days I feel almost normal, then it all starts over again. Lets hope in time the symptoms will start to become less and less. Thanks for sharing.

• Edited

hi linda75236 me and my husband caught covid around the 7 th jan got tested on the 10th the first week we thought we will get the bad flu symptons lots of drinks etc and we will get over this, well by the second week we were likes ghosts. then in my case the nausea started that was hell . it stopped me sleeping if i could just puke and get it over with but it was not happening . i was precribed three different types of anti sickness tablets . ice lollies helped . now its the 27th and after a bout of tummy aches i am now quite constipated . also i feel like i still have a low grade fever low energy but by the afternoon I am good for nothing. i kept asking the doctor if anything else is going on here? but they said its another covid symptom ? so i was interested in finding this thread, other people with similar symptoms and have they fully recovered yet ? I am expected to go back to work on the checkouts in a few days but if you ask me in the morning when i get up i would say i feel a bit better but a few hours in and I am exhausted . any one else on sick leave ? thanks sue

• Edited

Hi Sue, I was due back in work 11th Jan, (finished isolating the 8th) but Im just not well enough for it, I have been signed off until 31st, doctor said if im no better, I have to ring them back and speak to them again. Im like you, can wake up in the morning and feel ok, but by afternoon, im feeling like crap again, been for a short walk today, and ive never felt so bad, feeling nauseous and shaky. My chest is still quite sore too. cant see any end to it at all!

• Posted

hi linda75236 me and my husband caught covid around the 7 th jan got tested on the 10th the first week we thought we will get the bad flu symptons lots of drinks etc and we will get over this, well by the second week we were likes ghosts. then in my case the nausea started that was hell . it stopped me sleeping if i could just puke and get it over with but it was not happening . i was precribed three different types of anti sickness tablets . ice lollies helped . now its the 27th and after a bout of tummy aches i am now quite constipated . also i feel like i still have a low grade fever low energy but by the afternoon I am good for nothing. i kept asking the doctor if anything else is going on here? but they said its another covid symptom ? so i was interested in finding this thread, other people with similar symptoms and have they fully recovered yet ? I am expected to go back to work on the checkouts in a few days but if you ask me in the morning when i get up i would say i feel a bit better but a few hours in and I am exhausted . any one else on sick leave ? thanks sue

• Edited

my symptoms were in April so were my partners im still suffering with bad lower stomach and bowel cramps also nausea my partner still can't feel her toes also she kept coming out in bruises everywhere she actually looked like she had leukaemia and she still gets moment's of brain fog 😔😔

• Posted

Oh no Jford that is a long time, and heres me moaning after 4 weeks . Have the doctors shed any light on why its happening and if it will pass eventually?

• Posted

hi linda75236 how are you feeling I have another week sick note I still feel under the weather . i work on a busy checkout, I feel i would last a shift at the moment . trouble is I hate time off as I feel work isnt very sympathetic when I ring and I am sure others recovered quicker . I remember years ago i had a blocked bile duct which felt a bit like this , that got better by itself. the reason I mention this is my stools are very pale . anyone else have this ?

• Edited

Hi Sue, Im much the same, I have the odd times when I feel ok, but most of the time Im generally just feeling unwell, the last few days have not been good, spoke to my doctor yesterday, hes signed me off for another 2 weeks, to be honest I dont think they know what to do really , and I feel like they dont even want to see you, they just put everything down to covid and told me it can take weeks/months to recover and everyones recovery is different. just feel at a loss, sick of feeling unwell.. I hope your feeling better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.