Lots of pain in different places.

Posted , 4 users are following.

For over a year or so I've been having some mild to extreme pains in my body. Mostly my upper back. Others also include dull pains in my left and right arms and collar bones, quick sharp pains just under my breasts, pains in my ribs and a cramping dull pain in the left side of my chest ranging from the armpit down to the bottom of the rib and spreading slightly over to the left side of my breast. These pains can last anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours. I've been to my GP and they have done tests and gave me the all clear for everything. I'm sick of being in pain everyday not to mention the the sickly feeling i get along with these! and having to take short breaks constantly at work because it's so uncomfortable most of the time, sometimes it gets so bad all I can do is sit and cry praying for it to stop. I'm on the depo contraceptive injection I get once every 3 months and my GP said that it can often give sore breasts which is not my issue at all. I was also tested for a low iron deficiency and those tests came back clear. I really what I want to know if anybody has had any aches and pains like these and can let me know how to explain this to the doctor. Me and my partner are due to book our first holiday in December and I'm terrified I'm going to spend the whole 2 weeks in pain. Its affecting my life, my relationship and my work. Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am terribly sorry that you are having to go thru all of this. I'm guessing you have a male doctor due to his comment on tender breasts. I don't know if I could have resisted giving him a smack in the head for that comment. He obviously doesn't know the difference between breasts and ribs.

I have to be honest, nothing comes to mind when I read your description. However I would ask the doctor to check your TSH (thyroid); sed rate and c-reactive protein (inflammation markers); iron and all B Vitamins; and finally D vitamins. You might also want to start taking magnesium. Magnesium will help with muscle cramps so if any of your ailments are caused by muscle cramps the magnesium will help that. But be careful, magnesium can cause loose stools.

• Posted

Hi amkoffee,

Thank you for your reply.

I have had a mix of both male and female doctors who have gave me the same opinion. I will definitely look into getting those checked out!

Thanks again smile

• Posted

I would request your doctor do some blood tests and x-rays, to determine if youve got Arthritis or fibromyalgia, im just learning about fibromyalgia, I do suffer with Osteoarthritis through my feet hands and lower back, but more recently been getting a weird pattern of intense pains throughout my right arm and hips.Doing a blood test can show indicators that you may have arthritis, X-rays will confirm this. Apparently confirming Fibromyalgia. is very long winded and difficult however an ant inflammatory should ease the Pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.