lower left buttock pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have a severe pain in my left buttock that shoots down to the back of my knee, most uncomfortable when sitting or lying down, I have no back pain at all, feels like a pulling of a really stretched out rubber band, and really sharp, I fell on my Ass at work and been in terrible pain ever since, The doctor diagnosed me with lumbar sprain which I think is totally because its my ass that hurts the most, and i am not experiancing any back pain. Please help point me in the right direction to research this i dont believe it is sciatica I have taken steroids to take down any swelling but that has not helped i go to physical therapy and that doesnt help percocet doesnt help with the pain what do i do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, perhaps when you fell, or rather, when you landed on your ass that the jolt trapped a nerve in your spine. If nothing else is working maybe a chropractitioner could help. maybe it needs some manipulation to free up whatever it is that's causing the pain.
  • Posted

Hi Scott,

Depending on how hard you fell you may have caused a small fracture of your posterior bone when you fell, perhaps you should think about having an x-ray. Hope this may be of some help.

• Posted

I second a chiropractor, or for an often gentler approach, try physiotherapy.  Some manipulation and maybe a recommendation of extension exercises may help.  It certainly sounds like nerve pain (as a result of your fall).   The back/spine is home to a TON of nerves that shoot to different areas.

So the pain may be in a limb, but originate from the back.

You didn't say when you fell.  If it's been a little while and the pain is persisting it might not be unreasonable to have a lumbar MRI. 

Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Scott, I believe that you have developed Ischiogluteal bursitis (Google this) following your fall.

hope it feels better soon.

julia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.