Lymph nodes

Posted , 4 users are following.

OK I had surgery twice now over swollen lymph nodes in my left groin doctors had no clue what was going on no answers.then I found a different doctor and started seeing him since then I have had more lymph nodes swell in my left groin and the put me on antibiotics and steroids but these only last for a week or two,but this is every couple of months I've had a mri done and lung test done due to swollen glands around my lungs.is there anything I can suggest to my doctor that can help control this more then what I'm dealing with?

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you don't mind me asking Josh where do you live?

• Posted

I live just west of St Louis, that is where Washington University or BJC/Siteman Cancer Center is located. It's one of the best in the country. I highly recommend them.

My sarcoidosis was under control then I had to go work in Charlston, SC and my cough came back just as strong as before. Everyone out there was like "are you dying" or "you need to see a Dr about that cough". Must have told my story 100 times out there!

Come to find out I was n one of the worst areas in the country for Sarcoidosis!!! I was surrounded by pine forest and swamps out there. Mold and pollen galore. Like I stated to Debbie I've read environmental conditions play a big role in sarcoidosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.