Mast Cell and Neurological Problems

Posted , 1 user is following.

I know this forum isn't very active but hopefully some people will see it.

Does anyone else experience debilitating neurological problems whenever they have a mast cell attack? I've heard these mentioned but I haven't spoken to someone who is affected by those symptoms on the whole more than any of the allergic/multi-systemic ones.

I think I have MCAS - for me it's almost 100 per cent caused by food/ drink/medications. I'm in the system at the moment. When I fast lots of the symptoms start to slowly clear up. I can't really do anything most of the time. It's extremely stressful.

The only reason I've eventually been able to get help is because a friend (who i owe the world to right now) has been helping me to the hospital and fighting for my cause constantly. I'd been misdiagnosed/ignored for a long time and that led me to basically just existing in hiding and not being able to go anywhere, achieve anything work or have friends. I feel like I have a severe neurological disorder but we all know how easy it is to get dismissed by even the most well-meaning medical professionals I'm sure. Especially if you're a young-looking woman and are a bit different.

There's all kind of stuff going on but everytime i eat my vision changes, i get confused, i lose memory, localised head and nerve pain, migraines, i can't walk straight, balance problems, communication problems, can't focus or plan, my motor skills get worse, etc etc. I just lose everything i need to function basically . I think I'm just hoping to speak to someone else who has maybe received an MCAS diagnosis with neurological symptoms, or is in a similar situation to me.

I also have the allergic sorts of symptoms with everything i eat - itching, face-swelling, rashes, tinnitus, breathing difficulties, etc.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.