mefenamic acid

Posted , 3 users are following.

could anyone help me as i've been proscribed mefenamic acid tablets to take 3 times daily to stop an usually long period ( one month ) . On all these forums i'm seeing they get proscribed for pain which i told the doctor i haven't been getting , is there a point in me taking these pills ? ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If you are worried my advice is to go back and see the doctor who prescribed these for you. OThere are many medications that treat several conditions and are very effective.

Your doctor must have thought these would help you or he/she wouldn't have given them to you.

• Posted

If you are worried my advice is to go back and see the doctor who prescribed these for you. OThere are many medications that treat several conditions and are very effective.

Your doctor must have thought these would help you or he/she wouldn't have given them to you.

• Posted

I have just seen your post. I too was prescribed mefenamic acid quite a few years ago for heavy periods and not pain. I found them to be very helpful. I did not however have a month long period. Might be worth a try

as they definitely seem to have an effect on periods. Good luck.

• Posted

thanks for all the advice , i've been taking these pills since tuesday and feel like my period has got a little heavier but i think this is my second months period i'm experiencing so going to continue taking these for at least another week see if anything changes, thanks again smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.