Mesh implant

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been in pain all night as usual, it's like stabbing sharp unexpected pain. Is this inflammation or something else from my mesh (erosion or my body rejecting mesh) 😭 I'm not on fb so trying to find answers via other sites. I know there is big uproar about mesh implants at moment. I've not been right since 2014 when mine was inserted for pelvic prolapse. Have had every test going for 3 years now, I'm not curable the Drs are saying! I can't live with this mesh it's ruining my life!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Pam, so sorry you are experiencing such pain. I had mesh implant and had np pain at all. Would seem like you might have some kind of damage ask Dr about nerve damage, I think a pain management Dr would better know how to help figure what is going on. I am up often all night w nerve damage pain, even w opiate medicine. Seems night time is the time pain wants to hang out w you. Wrecks havoc w ones life!! Best of luck Pam, it is a true struggle to get correct information from health systems!! Sending a hug! P.S. I am in flare-up now from extra activity that had to be done, been up several nights, catch sleep when my body lets me.🤢😏😴🌷🌷🌷

• Posted

My pain clinic has been cancelled 3 times since October 2016, absolutely disgusting. I have my dr in 2 weeks as there is a dr in London who removes mesh implants, just hoping my dr refers me, I'll pay to get it out I'm desperate. Certainly does interfere with our lives, sorry you suffer to, I understand your pain xxxxx

• Posted

I would see another dr. Until you get someone to help you. I don't know much about the mesh implant but I'm pretty sure You shouldn't have pain. Don't take no for an answer demand something to be done. Good luck and I hope you find relief

• Posted

Since the BBC news 2 weeks ago about the TVT mesh everything has been crazy, my polypropylene mesh isn't as safe as it seems and Johnson and Johnson knew this in 2004. I've lost count how many Drs I've seen since 2014 when mesh went in, and to take mesh out is like getting chewing gum out of hair, but it can erode to which I think could be happening. It's a living nightmare. Thank you for response xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.