Mom has COVID after being fully vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine. Should she go to the hospital?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My mom is in India and got a positive COVID test after being fully vaccinated. She had a runny nose that went away and she's not 100% sure she can smell properly.

My question is, what are the chances that this is a false positive - she did a PCR test. Should she go to the hospital?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, a few questions: what are her symptoms? Does she know roughly when she was exposed? what do you mean by not 100%? When did she complete the vaccination?

• Posted

She had a slight runny nose a couple days ago that went away. I asked her if she still has her sense of smell and she told me she's not sure. She can smell stuff but she's suspicious that it's diminished. Other than that she doesn't have any symptoms. She tells me she has a dry cough a couple times a day.

She got the 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine on April 10th.

She was probably exposed on or around April 23rd.

I'm not sure if this is a cold, flu, or really COVID.

• Posted

You can still get covid after vaccine but it will be a lot less sever . Most people who get covid don't need to go to the hospital . Unless you develop Pneumonia , you can check our bloods o2 levels with a thing you stick on your finger if it gets like under 95 I would have my lungs checked. Mine did then I was taken to the hospital ,spent 4 day on antivirals and antibiotics, then after that it took about 2 months for my lungs to fully heal

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.