Mom positive with covid - Brain Fog, memory issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

My 78 year old mom tested covid positive nov 13, 20 days ago. She had mild symptoms - body ache, cough but never had a fever or needed O2.

She is currently in a rehab facility, was originally in for an infection (before covid) but was well enough to come home, then caught covid. Before covid she cold walk 35+ feet with her walker, did all of her exercises and could do her toiletries.

Now she has trouble walking more than a few feet and only gets out of bed every couple of days.

What's worrying me though is the "brain fog" thing. Before covid she was lucid and mentally sharp - ready to come home. Now she has "blank spots" where she can't remember anything during parts of covid. She also is speaking slower (though that is improving) but has issues with memory and things like day/date.

So my Questions:

• how long does this "brain fog" typically last? Is it permanent? Does anything help with this?

Any info on this greatly appreciated,

Rob

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Rob

I hope your mother has started to get better - the brain fog/dizziness seems to be a long term issue for some - myself included, it does get you down and appears to create high levels of anxiety.

I am now 10 months in and still have awful periods when I feel unwell.

Stick in there and hopefully all is getting better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.