More questions

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi.

It's been a while since I posted here but here I am again with more questions.

I was feeling better for a while but lately I've been having what feels like bee sting -but not as painful-  in my sides but mostly my right one above the waist and it's really scaring me since I have anxiety and I just keep thinking the disease is attacking my kidneys and liver.... It also feels like heat in those areas but the skin itself doesn't feel hot. Anyone can tell me anything about this.

Is a PET scan a must with this god damn disease? I don't even know if I can get one.

Also, I keep reading that diet, good sleep and a reduction of stress are all important but in my case that's really impossible. I'm lucky if I can drink water in the morning and I can't eat more than once a day. I'm trying for more fruits and veggies but I have a very poor appetite and I struggle to make myself eat. Sleeping isn't easy either and I can't sleep early no matter what. I also suffer from anxiety and stress and I realize now that stress does make my symptoms worse but there's really nothing I can do to lower my stress and anxiety and they won't give me any meds for that here no matter what. I don't know how I'm going to fight this damn disease.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi  TheSufferer

?This past week I met a nurse from our local kidney clinic.She told me to stop using Aleve, Motrin,Advil as kidney doctors do not want kidney patients on them.I've been using them for years and it is because I,am allergic to Tylenol,Asprin etc. My bladder has stopped working currently. I wonder if there is a link? Since being on Prenisone for for Sarcoidosis. I have become very weak.I feel the sickest ever in my life.I just finished antibiotics for a kidney infection but sill feel very sick. I almost fell 4 times at my doctor's office 2 days ago. The Prenisone seems to be effecting my leg muscles.

• Posted

With sarcoid sufferers it is a good idea to have the following ultra sounds to look for enlargement of

Liver 

Spleen

Kidneys

I have enlargement of the first two organs

Tangles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.