Muscle twitching and pain, mostly just one side of body

Posted , 19 users are following.

It started Oct 1 with a right index finger twitch (not tremor), I could see the muscle on the inside of the finger firing causing my finger to move away from the rest of my fingers, it lasted only a couple of seconds. It happened 3 seperate times that day, the next day my thumb and middle finger of right hand joined the fun too, by the 3rd day my left hand pinky was twitching on and off as well, all these twitches would come and go throughout the day, they were NOT constant.

I began to freak out and my anxiety went throught he roof, I went to my family doc who suggested a neuro, I went to a neuro who did a brain scan and EMG, all was clean, and he suggested an MDS, I went to the MDS and he ruled out Parkinsons/ALS/and MS, he wasn't sure what was happening or if it was even neurological. A couple doctor visits later with every type of blood test being clean, I'm not sure what to do, the doctors don't seem to know what's wrong.

It's not been 4 months since this started and my twitching is widespread all over my body now, still not constant, but it does occure everyday, sometimes even multiple places at once. But my biggest issue is PAIN!

My pain started a week into this so I've been dealing with it for about 3 1/2 months now, first my hand, then my arm, now my shoulder and hip, mostly my RIGHT side, although it does happen on my LEFT as well, just not nearly as much, the pain is pretty much constant and just moves around those areas, sometimes top of my shoulder, shoulder blade, collar bone, etc..this happes hourly but it's always there. It's affecting my sleep (it's fragmented now) and making me depressed, when you're in pain all the time you just don't enjoy doing anything you normally did.

My biggest concern is that this is all mostly right sided but now it does seem to be "spreading" to my left which I'm not sure if I should be happy about that or not, I feel like I'm going to reach a point where I just wont be able to move one morning, it's really scary not knowing what's wrong with me.

I'm going to see a psych, family doctor again, and the neurologist again just to make sure nothing comes up and to hopefully get something to help with this right side pain.

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Has anyone tried b12? It's helped me a lot. Look up b12 deficiency, the symptoms are very similar.

• Posted

It's great, thanks for the suggestion but it sadly isn't enough. Thanks again though!!

• Posted

I have been experiencing left sided muscle twitching for months now (eye-lid included) and thought it was just me...until I read this thread today. It gets frustrating when doctors (experts) cannot find the underlying issue and dismiss it too easily...it isn't normal and can be quiet alarming over time. I have had to leave some doctors due to lack of hearing or taking the time to listen...and emply new ones who, at a minimum, listen. Every doctor is NOT created equal and research the doctor AND the practice...look at each doctor's population pool, success rates of treatment, and testimonials. Also, YOU are the most knowledgeable concerning YOUR body...if/when a doctor doesn't "hear" you and receive what you are communicating about YOU...drop him/her and find another! Just my advice after learning the long and hard way...it has resulted in dramatic improvements in my treatments, solutions, and health!!!

• Posted

amen!! And take a look at the Great Lymphatic System! It's amazing! Med docs aren't trained in it but Chinese medicine understands it and are benefiting greatly!

Our Lymph system is 4 times lager than our vascular system. Now that tells me there must be a reason. 

There are great vids on YouTube. One in particular is a man living it and teaching it over 45 years now. I've never spent any money & he doesn't ask for any. Just great info. 

I hope some of you will find the hope there is in allowing your body to heal itself through clearing out your lymph system. It's so easy to do and costs nothing but to learn to listen to what it's trying to tell you.

God bless! 

• Posted

HI HUNTER ,IAM NO DOC BUT WOULD YOU THINK IT COULD BE PARKINSONS,MYSELF PAST WEEK JUST STARTED WITH MY LEFT LEG AND LEFT ARM,I HAVE NO PAIN JUST TWITCHING ,HAVE NOT BEEN TO SEE A DOC YET ENOUGH GOING ON ALLREADY,I NOW MY BROTHER HAS THE ABOVE AND HE AS THE PARKINSONS,HE SAID HE HAS IT SEVERAL TIMES A DAY WITH PAIN,HOPE YOU CAN SORT IT SOON .IAN
  • Posted

Did you ever get any answers I'm going through that myself and I can't get anyone to help me zero in the answers.

I'd be happy to chat with you if you are willing.

Just like you I'm looking for some answers

• Posted

I have very similar semptons on mostly the left side. On January 13 at 330 am I woke up with the entire left side of my body sized I could not speak. Because I had started with the painfull cramps the I had a mussel relaxer. I was finely able to swallow one it helped some. My Pcp has referred to a Neroligest. My ct came back negative she thinks I had a TIA I don't think that's it. If anyone has any ideas about the cramping on the left side I would greatly appreciate your views. Respectfully and thank you. Mike

• Posted

I have similar symptoms nearly all in left side (except eyelid in right eye).

Waiting for neuro referral.

So far nothing found. B12 levels are normal, will test for Lyme disease (please check it!) and creatine kinase. I must request a brain and spine MRI to test for MS, which we suspect, and muscle EMG.

How and where did you test for genes?

• Posted

Thank you. I have switched PCP and I will ask her when I see her still waiting on neurologist referal. Ins waiting list..,

• Posted

I can see this post is 3 years old but still worth tryjng.

Almost 2 years ago I began having fingers in my right hand locking up. No pain, no clicking, no numbness or loss of sensation. After about 5 months that tapered off but was replaced by hand aches and pain. This coincided with fingef and hand tremors. A initially in my right hand and fingers. Quickly things progressed, eventually spreading throughout bith hands and arms up to shoulders....but like you, always migrating / rotating, and eventually to toes, feet and lower legs. Adding to it all, I also had unique muscle cramping and spasms in my hands and feet.

After two neurologists, two rheumatologists, and an endocrinologist (plus my primary), I have no answers or improvement.....except I am on propranolol for the tremors and it is veryeffective.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.