My key hole surgery made me worse than ever ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on lanzoprazole since the age of 20..21 so 20+ years.Im now 42 i have a hyiatus hernia with barrets and i had key hole surgery but it was the worse decision of my life.My esophagus pretrudes outwoulds very swollen,75 mg daily but still suffering greatly , my tummy is always bloated and the burping is terrible i feel terrible , my doc ask me if omoprazol was any good i said no and that was that 😞😞😞ive been dieting for 3o years , i smoke and cant give up or have done but start again please help ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

75mg of PPI per day is a lot, and will probably make you feel worse as you'll have hardly any acid to digest food. You will need to seriously review your diet and lifestyle. Alcohol and smoking are defo not good. And high fat foods and dairy will make your symptoms worse 

• Posted

Thank paul i do not drink but smoke often.

I absolutely love my food ,21 stone i have large bones anyway but the tummy lukes sumo not healthy mostly swollen.Failed hyeatus operation it seems everything i eat now sits on top of my stomach awful.Worst decision.

• Posted

Were you on them daily for 20 years? did you have any noticeable side effects?
    • Posted

Yes im still on these , some times 9o mg a day ....my tummy is like a vulcano with barrets disease , swollen tummy

• Posted

I know that you are feeling bad, but what can you do. I take my PPIs and would never go for a surgery since the meds help me. I'm daily on them. But go to doctors and ask them what steps could be taken...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.