Mysterious Recurring Right Side Pain/Sensation

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! I'm Ashi and I'm getting concerned. I'm only 20, and this has been happening for years, but I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so I usually just pass it off as all in my head. Please excuse me if this isn't the appropriate group to post in, pain is the only thing I know for sure about this issue...

I have these random, somewhat painful sensations all over my right side, from the back of my head/neck, down the shoulder to my hand, and sometimes down to my foot as well.

The feeling in my head is sometimes reminiscent of a feeling of pressure, while in my limbs it feels more like mix between being sore and the pins and needles feeling as if it were falling asleep, and sometimes warmth?

The pain varies from none at all (JUST.. tingly?) to bad enough that I can barely use my right hand. It's is sometimes accompanied by a similar sensation in the right side of my face, pain in my right eye, and occasionally a migraine..

In the event I have a migraine, my vision usually gets worse, I get dizzy, and if it's really bad I get nauseas. Not sure if that's a symptom of whatever is causing the pain, or the migraine itself.

This has been happening more and more frequently the past few months, and I also feel like I am having a hard time recognizing faces and voices, and my (already pretty terrible) memory seems to be less and less reliable. I can't help but thinking the these are all related somehow.

My research this far has provided me with no answers. Any help at all would be extremely appreciated!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI, I encourage you to see a neurologist that can test your body for any nerve issues you might have. Its always a good idea to explore your symptoms with your dr. Dont let your hypochondriac issue stop you from seeking answers to your health concerns. Best of luck and fight hard for your well being!!

• Posted

Hello Ashi,

I agree that you should see a Neurologist to have your symptoms properly evaluated. An MRI/MRA of your brain would be a good start to see what could possibly be going on. Then EEG and EMG of your extremities can also provide a wealth of information. Please keep us posted on things.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.