Naproxen

Posted , 8 users are following.

I find these tablets really good for my arthritis. I have arthritis in hips, knees and at the back of my neck.

I do not have any side effects

One day this week I had a toothache and wondered whether I could have taken something for it on top of Naproxen. I wondered about Ibuprofen or co-codamol. I would be very interested to hear others view.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi i've just got in from the Dr's and been precribed Naproxen 500mg for back pain, he also gave me Co-Codamol 500mg and said that they work well together, good luck and hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Please be careful when taking these drugs, I have been in hospital with a stomach ulcer which is down to the Naproxen! The GP failed to tell me or give me any tablets which line the stomach and unfortunately has led to the ulcer. I am now experiencing pain and uncomfortable tests!
  • Posted

naproxen burns my mouth & gullet has anyone had this problem? I have stopped taking them.
    • Posted

I have broken

my 6 th rib I also have been given tablet to protect my stomach lining while taking them as have small heitus hernier .I have found that my tounge round edge is sore as though I have drunk some very hot tea and scolded it but not down my gullet. Maybe you have a heitus hernier or stomach problem you don't know about Maybe you should go to docs and tell him as can affect your stomach cause ulcers you can get in esophagus ulcers with heitus hernier the Naproxen could aggravate. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Now that's interesting.  I also take Naproxen for my hip OA and with a stomach settler, but an ulcer has just developed on the side of my tongue.  Also I have a strange gritty feeling in my throat which causes me to cough whilst trying to clear it.  You have now got me thinking this could be caused by my medication. I am desperately trying to find an alternative to taking prescription medicine and now have just started with Tumeric tablets, which I understand have anti inflammatory powers, but these will take at least 2 months to kick in before I can even think about stopping the Naproxen.  Has anyone got alternative suggestions?
  • Posted

I have been taking Naproxen tablets on and off for years to help relieve the pain from a spinal stenosis that I suffer with.

I have to say that I find them very good indeed, but it can be the cause of indigestion.

My general rule is to only take one Naproxen tablet when needed, to swallow it with a drink of milk, and if I later suffer with indigestion I take one Omeprazole tablet that was prescribed for me by my doctor.

Advice must be sought before taking any other antacid tablet as many can stop the Naproxen from working.

It has worked out fine for me.

• Posted

Hi

I totally support your approach to naproxen.  I used to use when I had a bad arm but have now been taken off it as my arm has healed. It was however, a very useful painkiller.

xxx

• Posted

Hi i am on Naproxen and Morphinehave been on them quite a while but am still in a lot of pain also getting very tearful hope you get better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.