Naproxen 500mg

Posted , 7 users are following.

HI has anyone been on Naproxen with success, not taking everyday , for nerve trouble and wear and tear back and neck thank

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I took Naproxen which is an nsaid, they play havoc on your tummy lining, be sure to take gaviscon or omeprazole to help line the stomach. Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs are awful..

hope that your pain eases soon. Xx

• Posted

Evil medication!

I’m absolutely sure, even though my doctor won’t admit it, that being prescribed and taking this drug for back pain caused my gastrointestinal issues. I’d rather have lived with the pain than have my whole life ruined by this medication.

My advice to you and anyone else put on this medication, take with caution and protect your digestive system.

• Posted

I was prescribed Naproxen 250mg, I was also given Omeprazole 20mg.

My doctor advised that I should not take the Naproxen tablet without first taking the Omeprazole as doing so would give me stomach ulcers. The Omeprazole tablet is a gastro-resistant tablet which I understand protects the lining of the stomach from the aggressive effects of the Naproxen.

I also found that to reduce the impact of the Naproxen medication I took the tablet at the end of a meal, never on an empty stomach. Not a good experience at all!

Fortunately I am now free of all medication.

Brian

• Posted

Hi,

It depends how your body takes it. I had very bad stomach and abdominal bleeding while on Naproxen (I was told my body is sensitive to Ibuprofen based meds) and eventually put on Co-dydramol.

Regards,

shiwen55

• Posted

As everyone else has said, stay away from NSAIDS or at least only take them for a short period of time. I have a totally screwed up stomach from taking Aleve (naproxen) for one year when I first hurt my back. If you are new to back pain try physio and get a TENS unit. They are about $30 (US currency) on Amazon. Apply ice and/or heat whichever one helps. I've had a bad lower back for 13 years and I just alternate. Good luck. I hope your back gets better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.