Nasal drop- CSF

Posted , 2 users are following.

I think I may have had a spontaneous csf leak where the fluid drips from the nose.

It used to drip very fast when bending over, exercising or straining. Now it is more conservative and runs slowly to the edge of my nose when I go from laying to standing.

Although it seems very inaccurate, it says that it used to be tested by using a glucometer to test it and if it was csf it would show a reading.

I have one of these in the house and each testing shows a reading ranging from 1.4 to 4 usually. I am however, very unlikely to tell a dr this as even the research suggests it can be inaccurate.

Has anyone else had a leak that dripped like this rather than a leak from a lumbar puncture?

I don't feel I'll ever find a dr who truly would want to investigate this anyway. It was hard enough trying to get one to take me seriously about my tinnitus leading to iih diagnosis in the first place and I have just lost the dr that was helping me with it for the foreseeable future as he can't go any further. So now I just have nothing. Perhaps I should've taken so many painkillers to try and prove my pain rather than just trying to muddle through with non prescription meds. Maybe then they might have thought, ' wow she must be in pain, look at all the pills she's on'.

Excuse my bluntness, I am very upset right now and I've gone into self destruct mode.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi yes please make sure u get it checked up with a proper neurosurgeon if it is or is not ,I never had that problem though

• Posted

sorry neurologist and tell them what medication u are taking just incase it's the affect of any of them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.