Need answers please! Pregnancy and Diamox

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 34 years old and in December, 2017 my husband and I made the decision to begin our journey to try and get pregnant.  Well, at my January neurology visit I was diagnosed with IIH and my doc said do not get pregnant while taking it (he told me this at 2 separate visits).  I told him that we just started trying to have a baby.  He said it can cause birth defects, but it is a class that hasn’t been studied.  We asked what our options are because I need the Diamox.  He told me to take the Diamox, work on losing weight, and then another LP would be done to see if the numbers are good,  then he would wean me off of the Diamox and then I’d have to be off of the Diamox for 2-3 months before we can try again.

Uh hello?  I’m 34 and not getting any younger.  Plus if God forbid we have trouble, that doesn’t leave us much time.  Please, I need to hear from people who have been on Diamox, got pregnant, and had a healthy baby.  If people have read anything about pregnancy and Diamox I’d like to know that too.  If anyone knows of anyone who has had a baby and the mom was on Diamox and the baby has problems due to the Diamox, I'd like to hear those stories too.   Can’t wait to hear from everyone.

Thanks for reading,

Laura 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.