no appetite and sleeping all day, so so tired

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, my dads tested positive for covid, hes been feeling rough since monday with headache and earache, but hes also been very very tired with no appetite. he can barely eat anything though hes managing to take a vitamin despite an extra strong gag reflex right now, and hes so tired all day, hes just sleeping and sleeping and sleeping, and when he wakes up he just goes back to sleep because hes so tired. its been 6 days and hes worried, and i am too. he sounds very weak when he speaks as well and hes really cold rather than hot.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry to hear that. Is your dad drinking fluids especially water? It’s important that he not become dehydrated. has anyone been in contact with his doctor to give an update?fever? Cough?

• Posted

Hi just wondered i have same problem as your dad, just me but i think Covid causes problems with the B vitamins , B12 , Folate , i have Crones disease and need injections every three months , but due to lock down , bit of trouble getting it , so bought some off the net . without them it feels like fibromyalgia , muscle aches /ex stream tiredness , no strength ,

• Posted

Hi Rhiannon,

so first of the cold spells are from a fever, make sure your dad isn't adding to many layers, although he is feeling very cold he may actually be running a fever, be sure to give him Ibuprofen to reduce the fever and make your father a little more comfortable.

secondly from having and experiencing very similar symptoms as your dad, drinking cold drinks aren't good, it was hitting the pit of my tummy and giving me gut ache which resulted in me becoming extreamily dehydrated, if your dad likes tea or coffee make sure he is drinking them and getting enough fluids this will perk him up a little as i am certain the dehydration was a big part to play in my symptoms.

food, although the appeal for food is non existent try to get your father to eat, give the body some energy to fight the virus.

I hope your father gets better soon, its really not nice to experience believe me.

Best Wishes,

Dan.

• Posted

Hi Does your dad take any Cholesterol drug . This just might be thinking aloud , but i think it effects the Folate plus B12 . this virus .

• Posted

I lost about 20 pounds while I had covid, eating just wasn't a feeling I had.. But 4 months later it all came back

• Posted

Hi, Randy418 Im sorry to bother you and I know this is an old post but if you dont mind me asking what were your symptoms when you had Covid? I just got over Covid a month ago and lost 20 pounds also and im still struggling with gaining my weight back. I hardly have an appetite and im having stomach problems/ loose stools sorry . Ive been to my doctor had blood and stool test done both came back ok but Im scared. Any feedback is welcomed.

• Posted

i am in the same boat! Recovered from covid 2 weeks ago and still hardly any appetite and cant gain my weight back. Anxiety is really bad too. Also stomach problems

• Posted

Hi April, sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Im glad you made it through covid, I was sick pretty bad for 3 weeks could hardly get out of bed but I wasnt hospitalized. If you dont mind me asking, how bad was covid for you and what were your symptoms?

• Posted

Hi April, take Zofran. I took it when I had Covid and my appetitie came back quick. I only took it once. Afterwards, I began to recover.

• Posted

Hi April, look into Zofran. I recovered from Covid after taking the pill once. I was in bad shape with Covid for almost 2 weeks. After calling urgent care and requesting something to get me to eat, the doctor prescribed Zofran and it worked immediately. We need food and water for energy.

• Posted

Hi, april hope you are well. Have you figured everything out?

• Posted

Hi, I am so sorry about your dad. My dad just passed away last week from Covid, he had the same symptoms as your dad along with my brother and mother. I told them to request Zofran from their doctor because I had Covid in December and was feeling the same way. I called urgent care to give me something from feeling nausouse so that I can eat. The doctor prescribed me Zofran. After the first pill my appetite came back and I was eating. Afterwards, I started to feel better. I did not need the pill anymore. We need food and water for energy that is why he is weak. I had my niece call urgent care to get my parents and brother Zofran, but the doctor prescribed antibiotics and Vitamin C. My brother is in the Hospital right now with pneumonia. My mother did have pneumonia but the antibiotics that were prescribed by urgent care saved her from going to emergency because we did not know she had pneumonia. My nephew is 6 years old and he is in the Hospital with MISC from Covid. He was sleeping a lot, feeling weak and vomiting. The doctors prescribed him Zofran along with antibiotics. Now, he is up and eating. My brother is eating and feeling better. I asked him did his doctor give him Zofran, he does not know, but they are giving him antibiotics. We lost my dad because we waited too long. DO NOT WAIT!! Zofran really works! I am praying for you and your family!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.