off preds

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been off preds for about a month, its seems my body is trying to rebuild itself I have tight muscles, and muscle spasm, my back went out for 3 days. And I'm very sore when I wake up. I just wondering if any body else has gone through this?

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scotty ~

Wow, I'm sorry no one responded to your post.  I really  don't think my input will help but here goes.  When Iwas dx'd (via biopsy) I started on Preds...I was at a very high level and whenever they tried to wein me off them I'd go down like from 300 to 275...not exactly thoes numbers but you get the idea.  Anyway, when my body refused to go down, I was in trouble.  Not only was I getting ill, I was losing my hair etc...So, afterwards, they kept me on preds and  put me on Methotrexate and Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and folic acid.  That is nasty medicine.  My hair and eyebrows fell out my eye lashes thinned out and I literally was so sick but it did get me off the preds.  So, two years later, the symptoms were still acting up.  

As far as tight muscles an spasms, I have those all the time due to my injuries.

Anyway, you take care of yourself and hope you are feeling well very soon!

Warmly,

Frustrated

• Posted

HI I've also been off preds for about a month and I am also experiancing muscle tightness and sometime spams I get spams in my back, I havnt yet been to the doctor about them, thay will prob just fob me off like thay normally do, I just try an drink plenty of water sometimes it helps, mornings when I first wake up seem to be my most painful. Hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.