Omeprazole 20mg still have issues??

Posted , 1 user is following.

Started taking Omeprazole nearly two years ago , Reading some of the comments here reference muscle pain cough I did not think about this being because of the Medicine. But my issue is that at the end of last year I started gettting pain and sensititivity in my upper stomach and was told I had Gastritus and to up my dose which helped, but now back down to 20Mg some of my original symptoms burning sensation and soreness to touch my stomach is back as before I started taking medicine although the acid buring in my thoart etc is still under control. I have been adivsed to start taking Lansoprazole but I am reletant to do this.anybody else got any advice or had similar issues.

Oh one last thing Although earting a controlled diet I am convinced that my stomach is bloated but have been told it is my age (36).?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Are you looking six months pregnant, a big rounded hard belly, feels like you have a pillow stuffed in there? Yes your abdomen is bloated, its very common :D Now about this gastritis, when did you last have some antibiotics to kill H. pylori? smile
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes the pillow / pregnant description is accurate, as for the gastriuts I was just told to up the dose of omeprazole to 40mg for a month which did seem to improve it.

I am due to go for a gaul bladderscan this week but I am convinced that will not find anything

i am looking for any advice as now concerned that maybe lifestyle etc is cause,(i do not drink heavily or smoke) but diet could at times be better.

any advice ????????????????

• Posted

The best advice I can give is to eat loads of fresh fruit, vegatables, fish and lean red meat all cooked by hand smile Check your tongue, is it all slimey covered in white plaque? After a few weeks of proper food itll be very pink and healthy looking smile
  • Posted

ok will give that a go !

Thanks I will keep you posted

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.