omeprazole

Posted , 4 users are following.

Omeprazole 20mg -Started taking 1 tablet daily for 11 days ,On  6th day i woke up and my one eye was burning and felt bruised . This lasted 48 hrs, and then eased off a lot.on 9th day forgot to take a tablet. and all was well. Took one on 10th day and woke up in night with burning eye again. Nothnig would stop the burning, even tried eye drops i had.Have been feeling very weary with no get up and go. Which is not me. So am not taking anymore.,  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I kind of doubt your eye problem came from the omeprazole.  I have had this happen, wake up with my eye watering, burning, blurry, and I think sometimes I poke my eye in my sleep, or something, but it isn't from anything I take.  

• Posted

If you can get by without, why take it?  I have no idea if your eye was related but if you can stop it without any heartburn issues I'd stop taking it too!

• Posted

Try Rintidine (may not be spelled correctly but it's close) or famotidine--H2 blockers are better for you anyway. O can cause osteoporosis and if you have taken it a long time, it's very hard to come off.  Horrible withdrawal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.