Omeprazole and low wbc severe anxiety. Help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all, I was taking 20mg of omeprazole from November until December 2019 for 4 weeks and in December i started to suffer with severe vertigo, dizziness and ended up in hospital. they did my blood test and my white blood count was very low at 3.2. should of been between 4.2 and 11. 2. she told me to be careful of infection. at the time i didn't know what caused it and thought it was something to do with my ears. i didn't feel rite for about 4 weeks. recently i started taking omeprazole again for the past 2 weeks and been having brain fog and feeling spaced out all day, insomnia and ringing in my ears. i decided to read the leaflet which stated in rare cases omeprazole can cause low white blood count which could lead to immune deficiency. what does immune deficiency mean? does it mean i will always have a low immune system or is it treatable? I'm having severe anxiety attacks now because of the Coronavirus which will put me at high risk. can i increase my White blood count?please help! i already suffer with health anxiety. i habe a rare blood group not sure if that makes any difference

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.