Omeprazole withdrawal

Posted , 1 user is following.

I drank too much (especially for me since I never drink) one night in Jan. The next day my upper right abdomen hurt horribly. It never went away.

A month later I had a lipase test at 208. Then 3 weeks later it was 78.

The dr thought it was a pancreas attack (that was left untreated since nobody thought to check my blood sooner). The problem is now I have 2 things, the omeprazole withdrawal and this pancreas pain.

I took omeprazole for 2 weeks, a month later for 4 days, then when those withdrawal symptoms got too bad a week later, I took it again for 8 days. I am NEVER taking it again.

I took it because they thought the pain might be an ulcer. Never had an endoscopy though.

I have not taken it for 5 days now and the symptoms feel like a war zone in my belly. Heartburn (never had), indigestion with loud gurgles (never had), and bloating. I can't sleep through the night.

Please help me. I didn't take the omeprazole that long. When will the withdrawal stop? I ordered gaviscon from Amazon to get the UK version because it is far superior but it hasn't come yet. Regular tums don't help too much. I did not wean off because I felt that I didn't take it for that long. Maybe I was wrong.

Have you had these withdrawal symptoms? How long did they last?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.