Omezprazole

Posted , 5 users are following.

i was on omeprazole for 2 years practically left on it by my then doctor. you see i went to the doctors at 37 years old complaining of heartburn they just dished out omeprazole then after 6 months i said its not doing much good so the doctor referred me to see a gastroentorologist another 6 month wait on the NHS i had an endoscopy and they found i had esophisitis with erosions they could not get down to the stomach because i was gagging but i was being sick alot and from instinct knew there was something wrong with my stomach anyway i had wait a year to have another endoscopy under sedation so they could get to my stomach without me gagging. so i was scared waiting all that time absolute joke it turned out i had H PYLORI AND GASTRITIS. the round of antibioctics did not work and it took a second round of them to kill it and omezprazole made me feel awful i tried so many PPIS THEY ALL MADE ME RUBBISH lansoprazole is supposed to be the gentle one but in my opinion they are all bad i had heart palpatations that made me go and see a cardiologist because i was scared of these shaky feeling generally rubbish i cant them they make me feel rubbish. after i had H PYLORI i started pro bioctics and lots of veg and started to feel better then i fell pregnant and i have been ok up untill the last trimester ive taking gaviscon which helped but now ive had to take ranitidine which only because gaviscon is not working on its own but i would never take omezprazole again

i would rather have an

operation than take those awful pills.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Similar experience on nhs. Was on for 4 years. Started having serious issues, extreme anxiety, constantly tired, felt so old and tired. Panack attacks, etc. So came off VERY GRADUALLY!!! Took about 4 months, took dose down 25% at a time each week. So on.. it was horrible coming off them, had shakes, constant anxiety. Used zantac and Gaviscon. Now only use gaviscon every now and then. Managing alot better. I'm a different person now. Never again for me either.

• Posted

Hi Anna, I've also had a terrible time on omeprazole. I went from having 2 small symptoms (slight discomfort when swallowing and pain between shoulder blades) to having a whole array of symptoms after being on omeprazole. I'm now trying to taper using lanzoprazle and feel better but still have nausea in the morning and horrible nights of nausea, palpitations and insomnia. These drugs have made me a sick person. Drs hand out these pills out as there aren't enough resources to get you referred quickly for proper tests. I didn't even have a history of reflux and the drugs have irritated my stomach so much that now I have more stomach problems. The Drs just say they are "mostly well tolerated" well that may be the case for 99 out of 100 people but I'm the unlucky 1, and sounds like you are too. So sorry you've been through all that. All the best for the arrival of your little one. I feel so sad because my daughter has noticed mummy being ill the past 3 weeks and it's made her really unsettled 😦.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.