Omleprazone coming off them

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been on omleprazone for 10 years now and have just decided to come off them ..been off them now for 4 days and the stabbing feeling I have in my chest like a knife is terrible ,special when I eat or drink something .I was wondering how long this pain will last for its day 5 tomorrow anyone knows how long it will be before the pain will go smile

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had been on them since 1996. I was thinking I should get off. I had read some concerning things about long term use. I went to my regular appointment with my Gastro and he asked how long I had been taking them. He looked startled when I told him. He wanted me off. I stopped and two months later I am doing well. Now the Gastro wants me off my night time drug Ranitidine. Taking every other day. I have had some heartburn on the days I didn't take it the evening before but I am toughing it out and will get off this one too. You can do it! Hang in there. Eat non acidic foods to help yourself and don't over eat.

• Posted

Thank you I am trying it's been a wk now but at times its like a heavy pain all I can say i's it's like a rock or pebble on side of me trying to come up my chest if that makes sense as well as the acid but I've been told after a mth I should be better ..so got to try

• Posted

Were you on them daily since 1996 or periodically?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.