open lung biopsy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Thanks for your replies concerning lung biopsy recommendation.  I was not clear in my statement:  I have been diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis.  My pulmonologist says there are as many as 200 different kinds.  He claims an open biopsy will tell him how to treat me.  From all Ive read, i am hesitant, i am 77 years old, have PAd and had two heart attacks.  Would you risk it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

dianne: I am 79 and about to have a lung biopsy.  I have IPF but I don't have any heart problems.  not sure what you mean by PAd.  It's not with our some risk but  I think it is more related to the possibillity of lung collapsing.  If your physician and the anesthetist feels you can tolerate it, i'd go on their opinion.

• Posted

My doctor opted not to do a biopsy because I am on abixiiban blood thinner. I have a friend and she had the biopsy and did okay. She is being treated same as me. She is some worst than I am. I am diagnosed now seven months.I doing good. Hope you do good.

• Posted

Forgot to say I am 77. My lungs sound good, but I still need oxygen at times. God bless. thanks
  • Posted

My doctor opted not to do a biopsy because I am on abixiiban blood thinner. I have a friend and she had the biopsy and did okay. She is being treated same as me. She is some worst than I am. I am diagnosed now seven months.I doing good. Hope you do good.

Hi

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.