Osteoarthritis in hip

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have osteoarthritis in my hip and it is making walking longer than a few minutes unbearable. I have been considering CBD oil and was wondering if anyone on here had tried it or maybe knew of someone who had, and if so did it help and would they recommend it.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Maureen,

I feel for you, as I've been thru this with my knees. Your solution depends on your age. If you are considered too young for hip replacement, CBD oil could be worth a try. If you are too old to go through the surgery, once again I feel for you, as the latest "fad" in the medical world seems to be that strong pain medication is bad for everyone and 2 panadol should see you through. If you are in the acceptable age group for surgery, do not hesitate to book yourself in asap. You will have to do this eventually any way, and years of constant pain will age you very quickly. so if you want to live a long healthy life the sooner you have surgery the better. Once you have it done, you should be totally pain free. I am happy to answer any questions.

All the best,

John

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.