Pain!! :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

So it started off with my neck been really sore that I couldn't move, couldn't get comfy no matter what. Then now it's in my hands sad they constantly hurt! My whole arms tingle like they're asleep when they're not & my hands are kind of swollen sad not even tylenol no.3's are helping with the pain in my neck or hands sad I don't know what's wrong and I live in a small town so getting in to see a doctor is kind of tough for me 

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You need to see a doctor - these forums are not to provide a remote diagnosis but just advice and sympathy.

It sounds as if you could have a trapped nerve in your upper back - but that needs a doctor to examine you and then sort out appropriate treatment. It could be a disc or it could be muscle problems pinching the nerves - and it matters what the real cause is to decide how to treat it. But tylenol won't do anything to help pain caused by irritated nerves and Tylenol 3 really shouldn't be used for more than a short time before checking with a doctor.

• Posted

I know that, I just wanted opinions. I can't get in to see my doctor until after New Years thanks
    • Posted

The delay, Candace, until after the New Year sounds to me a long time. I would have phoned 111 already to gain NHS advice on how best to proceed.
  • Posted

Hi Candance

I think it is important you see a doctor to rule out heart problems. Do you think your neck may be sore due to stress? Many people carry stress in their muscles in the shoulder and neck area causing severe pain.

I know a little trick that can make even the most severe pain bearable. It may sound simple but it takes practice to make it work. Force yourself to think of something else. You can only feel pain when you are thinking about it. Do anything to force your mind on something else. Some of the computer games such as minesweeper, candy crush, gin etc. can be excellent at diverting your mind for extended periods.

I hope this helps

Regards

Gloria

• Posted

Hi Candace,

I don't know how old you are but what your describing could be a pain relating to the nerve system. However, we are not doctors on here - I would suggest you seek medical attention ASAP. Delaying it, could possibly make it worse in the long run.

Even some doctors may see you, and may refer you to a consultant in a hospital, delaying any unhealthy signs can be the wrong decision to make.

Regards,

Les.

• Posted

CandanceCx2,

It saddens me to read you will need to live with this pain during the festive season.

But since within the forum, we cannot diagnose this problem, can’t you go and consult another doctor dear?

Else, I would suggest you have a painkiller and do loads of bed rest. This will ease your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.