Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

How can I make myself heard instead of repeating myself time after time?

I have chronic pain after 2 motor vehical accidents and time after time they ignore my pleas for pain relief and it's been going on since the year 2014. They give me reason to be highly unreasonable at times when they say go to a pain clinic and get treatment. Treatment for what exactly sir. I suffer from chronic pain and have major operations that helped my physical abilities and most of the pain but not all of it. So the advice "go to a pain clinic" really means no more opioid pain medication. Why do they do this when in my eyes it was safely prescribed by the doctor and why does that doctor always need to practice in another location when this happens? Opioids have been the only at best successful pain medication since the beginning of time. And they waste my HMO policy on therapists because I can talk to them and make myself clear as a bell, and they still sit there try to make their contradictions sound better than my pleas for medication treatment. I think medicare should have some say about how much influence the patient has on the decision to terminate treatment, and make that clear to the patient because if you've ever experienced pain like I have you too would rather experience living a better way of life.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.