Pain at the top of stomach only when I move

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All

All day I seem to have a small band of sharp, sore type pain across the top of my stomach, about an inch below my sternum, that occurs only when I move, especially when leaning forward. There are no other symptoms other than I feel like I need to burp a lot, a lot of abdominal churning, gurgling noises and I think I'm quite bloated. I have been diagnosed with IBS, but this specific pain doesn't feel like any type of typical IBS symptom. I have experienced this a couple of times in the past, and it usually lasts the whole day, the next day it will disappear and won't happen again for months.

Just wondering if anyone knows what this pain could be? I've got a feeling I'm so bloated that when I move I perhaps stretch my stomach and notice it in this area, or I'm so bloated that my stomach gets pushed against other parts of me.

Any thoughts and views on this would be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Probably a gastro problem heitus hernier  acid reflux. Depends how large but if big can cause food to come up Half way the osophagas throat and go down again Its a bit like a flap your food goes down your throat in to your stomach then the flap closes when reaches a point and the flap closes but with a heitus hernier that flap sometimes doesnt close fully and food comes up . Prob need Onzeprazol.tablets Not sure spelt that corectly plus and or Gavescon and Buscapan for the bloating. You should tell your doctor as could also be a ulcer If was your gallbladder stones you would certainly be in alot of pain across that area and be nauseus Hope this helps . 
    • Posted

Many thanks for your comments Melekie, I really do appreciate them.

I have been on Omeprazole, if that was the medication you were referring to, for a few years now and although it does feel like I have symptoms of acid reflux, sometimes it doesn't, I know that doesn't really make sense, but it's hard to explain. I also had an endoscopy about 2 years ago and that all came back normal, so unless I have developed a hiatus hernia in the past two years then it can't be that either. I also had a upper abdominal ultrasound around the same time, plus many blood, urine and stool tests done and everything has come back normal.

I have been diagnosed with IBS and I'm pretty sure bloating is a major problem with me. I'm 5' 10" tall (175 cms) and only weigh 10 1/2 stone (67kgs), which is an ideal weight for my height, yet my tummy always seems bloated to the point where I look 7 - 8 months pregnant. I wouldn't be surprised if the bloating is stretching my insides so much they being to hurt under the strain, especially if my stomach is pushing against other organs or bones inside me.

Thank you again for your thoughts and comments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.