Pain in and around right breast

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive been having quite a lot of pain around my right breast now for about 4-5 days it hurts to lie down on my back it feels like I have a ton of bricks on my chest when I do. Certain movements aswell I get sharp pains. Has anyone else ever had anything like this before as its really painful it even hurts when I'm driving?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, You could have pulled a muscle, but because it has lasted for so long and the pain is so bad you should go to see you doctor. This is something you should do to rule out anything serious. I hope this pain goes away and that all it is is a muscle pull of some sort.

God bless you,

Kristy k

• Posted

The only thing like this I had was a shoulder strain - it seems to be an RSI type injury from using just one walking stick.  Repeatedly thumping it down on the ground has caused me some considerable pains in my shoulder.

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

Pec minor and major can create tightness and pressure around the chest wall. They can become tight if scapula stabilizing muscles are weak and unable to oppose the much stronger pecs. Also, thoracic kyphosis can create this tightness as well. if you are lying down on more then 1 pillow it rounds the shoulders and back forward  shortening these muscles even further. This tightness can feel like heavy pressure and a feeling like you can't get a good deep breath. This tightness can also squeeze on the nerves of the brachial plexus. I would try a gentle stretch of pec minor and major. If you can't conclude there is a connection between your stretch and the pain  you should get it checked out by a Dr.
  • Posted

OMG i am so glad I saw this. My problem started around the beginning of the year, 6 months ago. it stated with a bad case of hives. and what felt like the flu..fever for 2 weeks....Prim Dr gave me steroids pack for 6 days. keot the hives under control but after taking the Steroids i developed severe bone pain all over. I was not able to drive or move for about 2 weeks. went to ER. stayed a week in the hospital.they RAN ALL kind of test. and lots of imaging. Nothing came back adnormal. liver enzymes were elevated. liver imaging came bck fine. they sent me home with prednisone 40mg for 6 days then taper off by 10mg until i am done. thiniing it ws a virus and the pred will knock it out. well after steroids, i thought i was cured. then i woke up with hives again and now they are MAD!! and now i have sever chest pain on the right side of my chest and hives as well!! the pain goes under my arm. I cant lay down and i can barely move my arm. went to ER again, ran test took scans xray bone scan ct scan..all normal. they did find a hemangioma on my spine but said it is begnin and normal. I had triple neg breast cancer in 2014. did chemo for 6 months and a double masct. the implants feel fine. the pain is above the breast area only on the right side. i get shrp pains when i turn or move a certain way and it burns like a fire is brewing inside my chest. i have been to the ER twice and the only thing they say is it is costchronditis and it will go away.  I have seen an allergist, rehomotoligst, ID dr, oncologist, and all anyone can tell me isthat I have alot of inflammation. well i know this..i can see the swelling in my joints!! so as of tody, i had a bone scan done to rule out cancer of any kind and there is no sign of cancer in my bones. I am so miserably depressed and I am still in pain. they have givenme tylnol 4, Naporxen, Flexeril, Bendryl and Pepcid. this is my regimen tht i am supposed to take together to give me some relief. the problems is that this cocktail also puts me to sleep so I am no good for work or anything else while i take it so icant take during the day. I need help!!! I need any and all of the help I can get! at least when I was diagnosed with BC I knew the issue and I knew what i needed to do get better. with this, i have no idea where to begin, and I am afraid after all of the drugs I am taking, they will cause damage to my organs in the long run!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.